This could be for a number of reasons.
- Make sure you are selecting the correct account type when linking to your account. For example you will need to select Chase – Bank account if it's your checking or savings account and Chase – Credit Card if you're linking your credit card
- Try logging into the destination site and confirm your credentials are correct
- Make sure the destination site is not down for maintenance at the time you are trying to link the account
- Confirm that there is no splash page upon logging in that you must acknowledge prior to accessing the account (i.e. New Terms & Conditions). Navigate through the destination site in its entirety, as sometimes the error could occur in other places on their website.
- Confirm your security questions and answers making sure to take note of spelling and case-sensitivity
- Consider the time in which you are attempting to link the accounts. Errors can occur when the destination site or our site is undergoing a refresh (We go through a nightly refresh between 12am-3am EST)
If all else fails, please contact support with the following:
- The Error Message you are receiving
- The Date and Time in which you were attempting to link your account
- The name of the institution or service provider holding that account (ie. Chase or Comcast)
- The URL you normally go through to log in to that account